I suggest you ...

Update Southwest Airlines flight attendant pay scale

The Southwest Airlines flight attendant pay scale should be revised to start at $21.28 and end at $55.19 at 13 years.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  PayScale Customer ServiceAdminPayScale Customer Service (Admin, PayScale) responded  · 

The way that PayScale’s salary reporting system works is by inferring what the ranges are, based on what users have told us.
    Salary structures are rarely shared outside of the company (and/or union), so I don’t think it makes sense for us to take explicit salary ranges and publish them.
    Thank you for your feedback on this, and I definitely welcome more if you think I’m wrong.
    FYI… our current published salary ranges for Southwest Flight Attendant is $23.85 – $54.91 per hour.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Im seriously thinking about becoming a flight attendant, Ive been doing some research with different airlines. I have always admired flight attendants. After doing my research and discovering all the training you go through . I think you are amazing. Thank you so much

• Anonymous commented  · 

So how much does a Southwest flight attendant make during the first year if he/she has a masters degree?

• SarahSarah commented  · 

Being a F/A is the best job. What job can you go to different cities,hangout with your friends, and only work 12-17 days a month? If the money is not good enough for you then get another job. When you need time off when being a F/A you can trade days or take a leave. I need to be home with my kids and this job pays for the amount of days I work (8-10).

• PayScale Customer ServiceAdminPayScale Customer Service (Admin, PayScale) commented  · 

@Haveselfrespect: Per diem could definitely be a major factor in some jobs. Imagine that United pays $50 per diem, and Southwest pays $100. If you were to fly 200 days a year, that would be a $10,000 difference in annual compensation. A big deal.

• HaveselfrespectHaveselfrespect commented  · 

What a joke. Why would anyone do this job?? And per diem is not income it is an allowance for one's expenses.

• skystewardskysteward commented  · 

This payscale also does not reflect perdiem and other bonuses, leaving another $500-$600 per month out of the total.

Feedback and Knowledge Base